Fulton Labs, life sciences laboratory and office complex
Fulton Labs, a life sciences complex, is the first of its kind in Chicago’s Fulton Market neighborhood. The 16-story, 407,500-square-foot facility will house 12 floors dedicated to lab and office space with 35,000 square feet of amenity space including a rooftop lounge and a health and wellness center.
Our team is providing lab planning and engineering design services to realize our client’s vision: a standout facility custom-built for science to attract top researchers. As such, the location is vitally important to this project. Chicago is home to 185 pharma companies, more than 30 CROs/CMOs, 550 device/diagnostic companies, and 11 leading bioscience universities. This area is one of Chicago’s fastest-growing neighborhoods and is poised for development and opportunity.
Trammell Crow Company
Building systems designed to support advanced R&D infrastructure
- Advanced mechanical and electrical systems to ensure continuous business operations
- Built-in redundancy, room for expansion
- Utility zoning, overhead carriers for connectivity
- Entry shutoff isolation
Labs built to the highest standards, highly flexible and scalable
- Dynamic views of the city
- 2 private balconies per floor
- Multi-functional lab capabilities
- Scalable spaces for tenant needs
- Flexible space conditioning and bench planning
- Column-free long-span layout (56′) for flexibility
- Spaces for every business: small start-ups to multi-floor tenants
- Centralized chemical storage
- Central storage capability for lab supplies on the ground floor
Featuring a full floor launchpad for early-stage life science innovators
- Programmed wet and dry labs to support life sciences
- Co-location with prospective corporate partners, venture capital and contract service firms
- Shared state-of-the-art lab equipment and business services
- Availabilities from individual bench to lab modules with adjacent office space
This project is expected to open Q4 2021.
CRB is partnered with Trammell Crow Company, ESG Architects, and Power Construction on this project.
For more information, click here.