CRB speaking at I2SL 2020
Sep 9, 2020
The International Institute for Sustainable Laboratories (I2SL) Annual Conference has gone virtual. On October 6th and 7th hear from CRB’s subject matter experts covering critical and relevant topics on laboratory spaces.
Tuesday, October 6, 2020
- Learn the basics and key components of creating a sustainable life sciences ecosystem in a densely populated community;
- Understand how innovative incubator design space can foster discovery and attract top talent;
- Key design concepts for lab planning modules for ultimate optimization and flexibility; and
- Understand the complexities and challenges of designing a lab in a high-rise facility.
Wednesday, October 7, 2020
A Strategy for Proactively Managing Hazardous Lab Materials
Isabel Mandujano, CRB
12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m. EDT
- Understand why a proactive hazardous materials management strategy makes good business sense;
- Review basic regulatory tools of the International Building Code, such as hazardous material inventory sheet (HMIS), maximum allowable quantities (MAQ) and control areas per floor;
- Learn how data analysis provides insight into appropriate strategies that in turn inform design decisions; and
- Identify tools and strategies specific to the built environment that support flexibility/scalability for future change.
- Understand the technical challenges of hazardous material management to develop unique solutions for lab control areas that still maintain openness and connections from offices to labs and across research departments;
- Learn about design approaches that create “patient-focused” environments that bring scientists and their nascent ideas together to allow them to develop into life-transforming therapies;
- Learn from the client’s perspective what spaces and environments attract, retain, and inspire talented scientists, from monastic focused environments to dynamic light-filled collaborative labs; and
- Gain an appreciation for the impact of revolutionary cell and gene therapies and cures are having on people’s lives through personal stories and understand the challenges of bringing these therapies to market from idea inception to commercial manufacturing.
To register, click here.